Let’s take a deep dive into today’s calendar events and the week ahead:
- April 14, 12:00PM CST – Sustainable Cities, https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-earth-convention-sustainable-cities-tickets-145492432783?aff=ebdssbeditorialcollection&keep_tld=1 – for those of you living in an urban area that want to learn more about creating a sustainable environment for yourself, your family, and your neighbors, tune in today in just a few minutes!
- April 14, 6:00PM CST – Earth Day Teacher’s Workshop, https://www.eventbrite.com/e/earth-day-teacher-workshop-4142021-tickets-148009356971?aff=ebdssbeditorialcollection – perhaps you have a classroom full of kids, or even just a few at home that you want to teach the importance of Earth Day to, but are not sure how. Well, look no further! This workshop includes fun activities for grades K-12 to learn more about Earth Day and build their curiosity in the field of environmental sustainability.
- April 15, 12:00PM CST – Earth Day Every Day, https://www.eventbrite.com/e/earth-day-every-day-tickets-146763129471?aff=ebdssbeditorialcollection – to celebrate Earth Day’s 50th year educating and inspiring us to do more for our environment, the Dallas Environmental Quality & Sustainability and Dallas Public Library present this online series of classes geared towards celebration and education. There are several events in this series that touch on subjects ranging from gardening and landscaping, to Climate Change and what the city of Dallas is doing to prevent it, to the Ozone and how to protect it – so come check them out, starting tomorrow at noon!
- April 15, 1:30PM CST – Sing for Earth Day, https://www.eventbrite.com/e/sing-for-earth-day-tickets-142706869087?aff=ebdssbeditorialcollection&keep_tld=1 – tired of your same old workout routine? Well, we’ve got you covered! This Earth Day event centers around signing, moving, and celebrating Earth Day by uplifting your spirits and your voice in celebration.
- April 15, 6:30PM CST – Growing a Dye Garden with Aaron Sanders Head, https://www.eventbrite.com/e/growing-a-dye-garden-with-aaron-sanders-head-tickets-144701158059?aff=ebdssbeditorialcollection – this series focuses on gardening native Texas plants with color and natural dyes in mind! Aaron will walk you through how to grow and cultivate these colorful plants, as well as harvesting and safely storing them for your next arts and crafts project. If you’ve ever read up on the harmful toxic waste produced by chemical dye companies, and wondered what you could do to prevent it, you won’t want to miss this series!
- April 17, 6:00PM CST – Growing at Home (Indoors or Outdoors), https://www.eventbrite.com/e/learn-hydroponics-growing-at-home-indoors-or-outdoors-earth-day-tickets-146153018613?aff=ebdssbeditorialcollection – ever wanted to learn more about hydroponics? Well, you’re at the right place! This course will walk you through how to grow your own healthy garden indoors, and all-in-one system sales will go towards planting trees for Earth Day!
Keep an eye out for more events to come this week and next as we ramp up to Earth Day 2021!